Thursday, May 20, 2010

Triratna or Three Jewels of Buddhism



Triratna or Three Jewels of Buddhism:
The three Jewels of Triratna in Buddhism are three directives which are:

1. Buddham Sharnam Gacchami: I go for refuge to Buddha or I take refuge in Buddha

2. Dharmam Sharnam Gacchami: I go for refuge to Dharma or I take refuge in Dharma

3. Sangham Sharnam Gacchami: I go for refuge to Sangha or I take refuge in Sangha.

It became the core doctrine of Buddhism of the demise of Gautama Buddha.


Digital Source:


Authority Referred


Remarks


Edit Report


Buddhism for BeginnersBuddhism Plain and SimpleThe Heart of the Buddha's TeachingAwakening the Buddha Within: Tibetan Wisdom for the Western WorldAn Introduction to Zen BuddhismHinduism and Buddhism, an Historical Sketch, Vol. 1The Life Of Buddha And Its LessonsThe World of Tibetan Buddhism: An Overview of Its Philosophy and PracticeDiscovering Buddhism


No comments:

Post a Comment

Itihasik Khoj


Dictionary Read Thus far by

Total Pageviews

Subscribe via email for the latest updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers